You can create new schedules in your uAttend system in order to plan and manage the employees who will be working in each position during every shift.
To add a new schedule, follow these steps:
- Click the Scheduling tab from your account’s main menu.
- From the Overview section, click on Create Schedule.
- Use the provided calendars to select the start and end date of the Schedule and then push Continue.
- Enter a name for your Schedule. This name is for your reference and should be something that will allow you to find it at a later date should you need to look it up. A popular choice is to simply name it after the date range selected above in step 3. For example, it might be named “1/1/2019-1/7/2019”
- The system will automatically pull in any Shift Templates you have created on the account. For each Shift Template, you will see a list of employees who are available to work that shift for that position and a number of fields corresponding to the number of staff you have indicated are needed for this shift. You can drag and drop employee names until all fields have been filled. Please note that the system will allow you to leave the shift understaffed if you do not fill all the fields, so be sure you have assigned enough employees to cover the expected workload. Press Next Shift when you have filled out the shift template to move on to the next shift.
- Repeat step 5 for each Shift Template you have saved in your system.
- You may also edit or remove shift templates from your Schedule. To do so, click the shift you want to change, then click the pencil icon to edit or the trash can icon to remove it. Please note, any deletions or edits you make here affect this Schedule only, they will not modify your saved Shift Templates. For more information on editing the Shift, click here
- You can get a sort-able view of your shifts by clicking the arrow on the top left of this box. You will see options to see Complete shifts, Incomplete shifts, or check them both to see all shifts. You will get a list of shifts below that along with information showing how many employees are supposed to be assigned to that shift and how many are currently assigned to it. You can scroll and click on the one you want to change in order to quickly navigate between them.
- Once you have finished assigning all of the employees to all of the shifts, Click Save & Preview. From here, you can either leave the Schedule unpublished in case you think you may need to make edits to it later, or you can go ahead and publish the Schedule as is. For information on how to do that, please click here.