We understand that you're requesting information on how to resolve a connection error on your timeclock, so we wrote these helpful guides for each timeclock series to walk you through this process! Click here to identify your device series (if you are unsure).
- Connection errors (like DNS, DHCP, Server Connection Error, Internet Connection Error, uAttend Connectivity Error), indicated by a yellow or red network icon displayed on your device, are most often an indication the free communication on the required ports to and/or from the required servers is being blocked or impeded by some element of your network. Your organization's IT department may need to make provisions for the timeclock on your network.
- During troubleshooting, it is advised to connect your device, via LAN (ethernet cable) directly to your router (not through a switch or access point) and attempt a connection using an alternate network (like a home office or hotspot) if experiencing a persistent connection issue. After the device software is updated and a successful connection has been established, you can reconnect the device at the intended location and to your WIFI network (if applicable).
- It is strongly advised to ensure your device's software is up-to-date prior to performing a factory reset. It is the account administrator's responsibility to remove any unused timeclocks/device IDs from their account after performing a factory reset.
|CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNAL NETWORK
|If clock is not currently plugged into any networking device or the networking device
it is plugged into is not turned on or functioning.
|SORRY, DEALER ID NOT FOUND
|TrackMyTime.com will report this error if the Dealer ID you entered is not valid.
Please contact uAttend Support for assistance.
|CANNOT CONNECT TO UATTEND SERVER
|If a clock is placed into a functioning network, but is not able to communicate with
the uAttend server.
|CANNOT ACCESS THE INTERNET
|If a clock is connected to the local network, but is unable to communicate with the
|CANNOT LOCATE UATTEND SERVER USING DNS
|If a clock is not able to properly resolve the hostname of the domain it is trying to
contact because it either does not have a valid DNS server IP address to contact or
the DNS server it is contacting cannot properly resolve the hostname for the server.
|NO RESPONSE FROM DHCP SERVICE
|If a clock is placed into a functioning network, is set to use DHCP, but gets no
responses when attempting to contact a DHCP server during the Discover process of
Click on the links below to find out more!
- Features and specifications (including networking requirements)
- Timeclock passcodes (if these are blank or display defaults, update your device software)
- Software update
- Networking menu
- Reset to factory settings
- Remove a timeclock from your account
If you still have a question, feel free to click on the 💬 Support icon at the bottom right corner of the page, while you're viewing the article, or from your uAttend portal to get connected to one of our friendly and knowledgeable technicians!