We understand that you're requesting information on how to resolve a connection error on your timeclock, so we wrote these helpful guides for each timeclock series to walk you through this process! Click here to identify your device series (if you are unsure).
- Connection errors (like DNS, DHCP, Server Connection Error, Internet Connection Error, uAttend Connectivity Error) are most often an indication the free communication on the required ports to and/or from the required servers is being blocked or impeded by some element of your network. Your organization's IT department may need to make provisions for the timeclock on your network.
- During troubleshooting, it is advised to connect your device, via LAN (ethernet cable) directly to your router (not through a switch or access point) and attempt a connection using an alternate network (like a home office or hotspot) if experiencing a persistent connection issue. After the device software is updated and a successful connection has been established, you can reconnect the device at the intended location and to your WIFI network (if applicable).
- It is strongly advised to ensure your device's software is up-to-date prior to performing a factory reset. It is the account administrator's responsibility to remove any unused timeclocks/device IDs from their account after performing a factory reset.
|DEVICE ID ERROR||This message displays when the timeclock has not been linked to a uAttend account.|
|NET NOT FOUND||This message displays if the time clock is not currently plugged into any
networking device, or the networking device it is plugged into is turned off or is
not functioning correctly.
|SORRY, DEALER ID NOT FOUND||TrackMyTime.com will report this error if the Dealer ID you entered is not valid.
Please contact your dealer representative for assistance.
|UNSUCCESSFUL LOGIN||When you attempt to log in to TrackMyTime.com, the login form refreshes. This
indicates that the username/password combination that you entered was not
If you have forgotten your username and/or password, click on the Email
username/password link at the top of the page.
|SORRY, USER NOT
|This message displays if a user attempts to punch in, but their fingerprint ID
or PIN number has not been assigned to their user profile.
|SORRY, USER NOT
|This message displays if a user attempts to punch in, but their fingerprint template
has not been registered.
|This message displays if the time clock is unable to communicate with the uAttend
server due to a firewall, content filter, or any other type of network block.
|This message displays if the time clock is unable to communicate out of the local
network onto the Internet.
|DNS ERROR||This message displays if the time clock does not have a valid DNS server IP
address to contact, or the DNS server it is contacting cannot properly resolve the
host name for the server.
|DHCP ERROR||This message displays if the time clock does not receive proper IP address
information provided to it from the DHCP server.
|DHCP UNAVAILABLE||This message displays if the time clock receives no response when attempting to
contact a DHCP server.
Click on the links below to find out more!
- Features and specifications (including networking requirements)
- Timeclock passcodes (if these are blank or display defaults, update your device software)
- Software update
- Networking menu
- Entering your WIFI password
- Delete network settings
- Reset to factory settings
- Remove a timeclock from your account
- Offline mode (store and forward)
If you still have a question, feel free to click on the 💬 Support icon at the bottom right corner of the page, while you're viewing the article, or from your uAttend portal to get connected to one of our friendly and knowledgeable technicians!