As the account admin, you will want to be able to effectively manage the timeclocks on your account. The articles here are meant to give you an understanding of the features and functions of your (CB5000, CB5500, CB6000, CB6400/CB6500) device(s). The process below also applies when adding additional timeclocks to your account.
- The use of two timeclocks on your account is included in your base monthly subscription. There is an additional monthly fee for each additional timeclock added to your account. Follow the steps in this article to add a second (and additional) timeclock to our account.
- There are also settings and features to configure in the cloud portal that relate to your (CB5000, CB5500, CB6000, CB6400/CB6500) timeclock(s).
- You will need your company ID (to find your account) and have access to the administrator email address (to receive an activation code) when adding a new timeclock to your account.
- Verify with your IT department that the timeclock has been allowed free communication (to and from our servers) on all ports and to/from all addresses on the lists in this article.
- It is strongly suggested to use the LAN connection method when onboarding your timeclock. After the initial setup, you can relocate and wall-mount the device and your IT department can make any needed provisioning to connect to your WIFI network, network switch, or access point (if applicable).
- Confirm your admin profile has the correct email address to receive the authentication code during onboarding. If the email is not received at your domain address, try another address (like a Gmail), resend the code from the timeclock (to proceed with the setup), and reach out to your systems administrator to review your domain email security settings that may be filtering the authentication email.
To onboard a CB series (CB5000, CB5500, CB6000, CB6400/CB6500) timeclock, follow these steps:
- Connect an ethernet cable to the timeclock with the other end connected directly to your router.
- Connect the power supply and plug it into a power outlet.
- Press the 2 button to select a LAN connection method.
- Enter your Company ID and press the OK button.
- Open the email sent to all administrators on your account to retrieve the authentication code.
- Press the OK button.
- Enter the authentication code and press the OK button or press the PIN button (after updating the administrator email address to an address you have access to) to complete this step.
- Verify your company name is displayed and press the OK button.
- Use the Arrow buttons to select the Time Zone for the location this device will be installed and press the OK button.
- Enter a 5-digit admin PIN that will be used to access the device menus on this timeclock and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
To wall-mount a CB series (CB5000, CB5500, CB6000, CB6400/CB6500) timeclock, follow these steps. :
- Determine and acquire the appropriate hardware for the mounting surface. The clock includes drywall mounting hardware. If lost or missing, replacement hardware can be purchased from uAttend support for $5 plus the cost of shipping.
- Select a location for your time clock near a power outlet and LAN port (if applicable).
- Place the metal backplate against the wall (shown at right). Mark the holes against the wall.
- Install drywall anchors into the center of the wall marks using the appropriate hardware for the mounting surface.
- Align the metal backplate with the holes. Ensure that the prongs are facing away from the wall and upward, then secure the backplate to the wall with the appropriate hardware for the mounting surface.
- Attach the power adapter and the LAN line (if applicable).
- Align the three slots on the back of the clock with the three prongs on the backplate. Push down slightly to ensure the clock is securely fastened.
- Optionally screw the time clock to the metal backplate with the included bracket screw at the bottom center of the time clock.