For security, an authentication code must be verified before adding a new device to your account. The email with this code will only go to the address listed for users with an administrator profile on your account. If you do not see the email with this code within a minute of the onboarding attempt, try the suggestions listed below.
- You will need your company ID (to find your account) and have access to the administrator email address (to receive an activation code) when adding a new timeclock to your account.
- Verify with your IT department that the timeclock has been allowed free communication (to and from our servers) on all ports and to/from all addresses on the lists in this article.
- It is strongly suggested to use the LAN connection method when onboarding your timeclock. After the initial setup, you can relocate and wall-mount the device and your IT department can make any needed provisioning to connect to your WIFI network, network switch, or access point (if applicable).
- Confirm your admin profile has the correct email address to receive the authentication code during onboarding. If the email is not received at your domain address, try another address (like a Gmail), resend the code from the timeclock (to proceed with the setup), and reach out to your systems administrator to review your domain email security settings that may be filtering the authentication email.
- The admin and super admin PIN codes are displayed in the cloud portal for your (CB5000, CB5500, CB6000, CB6400/CB6500) timeclock(s).