8 - Completing the add employee wizard Follow
Welcome to your new uAttend system! This article will walk you through adding employees to your account. Adding employees is done through the uAttend web portal, once an employee has been added, we’ll be able to set them up to punch in/out in various ways. Trust me, it is not as complicated as the steps below make it look! You’ll be a pro before you know it. We'll go over General, Punch Management, and Preferences. When adding new employees, keep in mind the limit of your price plan. As an administrator, you can change your price plan anytime in the My Account section.
- Here you will select an employee type. In this article, we'll be focusing on Employee profiles.
- Most of these options are self-explanatory. First name, last name, department, and timezone are the only required sections but we will review some of the other options down below.
- Department transfer: This option is used to allow employees to work in other departments.
- Exemption Status: This option is used to specify if an employee is exempt from overtime or not, refer to your HR department or review local labor laws to determine this option.
- Username/Password: These options will allow an employee to punch in via web/smartphone punch if enabled.
- Email: Providing an email address allows an employee to reset their password if necessary.
- Payroll ID: This is an identifier present in reports, this ID can be letters and/or numbers.
- Punch management is where you will set up how the employee will punch in.
- Pin Number: Here, you can assign a 4-digit pin number. This pin will work on all clocks associated with your account.
- Badge Number: If your clock supports RFID punching this is where you'll enter the badge/fob number. Only uAttend badges/fobs are supported.
- Fingerprint IDs: If you have a BN model clock, you can assign a 6-digit fingerprint ID here. You'll use this ID to link your employees' fingerprint templates with their user profiles. If you have a JR model timeclock you can skip these fields.
- Face ID: If you have an MN model clock, you can assign a 6-digit face ID here. You'll use this ID to link your employees' face templates with their user profiles. If you have a DR model timeclock you can skip this field.
- These are special permissions for your employees to view/edit their timecards.
- Edit Rights: Here you can grant your employees permission to edit their own timecards, this means they will be able to fix missed/incorrect punches. By default, this option is set to view only, meaning an account admin or supervisor would need to make the edits.
- View Timecard: This grants your employee the ability to view their timecards. They can do this in the web portal/smartphone app, a username and password are required for them to log in.
- Allow Website Punch/Smart Phone Access: These options will allow your employees to either punch in via the website or the smartphone app. These options will require the user to have a username and password.
Great job! You’ve just added an employee to your account, to add the rest of your employees, we can repeat the steps above. Once you have added all your employees, we can move on to the next article, which will walk us through how to set up your employees to punch in/out.
Click here to learn how to configure punch methods for your employees.