There are a few things you can do to solve common support requests related to the mobile app. Below are some tips to help you if you're having one of these issues.
- Employees will need the Company ID (account number) to install the app.
- User names are case-sensitive.
- The forgot password option requires the presence of a valid email address on the user's profile.
The lock screen appears when the geo-location requirement is not satisfied per the employee's profile and/or the view timecard setting is not enabled for that user.
- The break or lunch buttons cannot be removed or hidden.
- The Time off, Department Transfer, Tips, and/or Expenses features must be enabled on the employee's profile for these options to display on the app when they log in.
- Employees can be given timecard edit rights for their own timecards.
- Time off requests originating from the mobile app will not prompt notifications. They must be manually approved from the Dashboard or on the employee's profile.
- The app functionality relies on the device location services being enabled, with permission granted to the uAttend app.
- The location displayed on the Punch report is determined by and sent from the employee device's location services.
iPhone/iOS Enabling Location Services
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure that Location Services is ON.
- Scroll down to find the uAttend mobile app.
- Tap the app and select an option:
- Always: Allows access to your location even when the app is in the background.
Android Enabling Location Services
Location Services are enabled during the setup of your Android device, but you can also enable them later by doing this:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Location.
- Move the slider to On.
- Tap Mode.
- Select the Mode you prefer:
These instructions were written using Android 7.1.1, but they should be fairly similar to other, recent versions of Android.
Reset app preferences and uninstall/reinstall the app
- Reset the app preferences and/or reinstall the app to resolve other issues.