Weekly/Bi-weekly Overtime Follow
With this department level rule enabled, timecard calculations will reflect weekly, or bi-weekly overtime beginning at the user-defined threshold, such as after 40 hours worked in a week.
- Overtime calculations must be configured per each department, this gives you the flexibility of customizing overtime rules for each department based on your company needs.
- Overtime calculations must be enabled in order for any overtime to be calculated on an employee's timecard.
- In order for the additional overtime options to be displayed, such as Daily Overtime, and Double Time (OT2), weekly overtime and the corresponding threshold must first be enabled and defined.
- If a semi-monthly, or monthly pay period is selected:
- A semi-monthly pay period will conclude on fixed calendar dates for each pay cycle.
- The 7 day work week as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act, will conclude on different calendar dates every 7 days.
- This can sometimes result in an overtime balance carrying over into the next pay period. While this can be a bit tricky of a concept, it is correct. However, we strongly recommend you perform your due diligence to ensure compliance in your municipality or industry.
To configure overtime for each of your departments, follow these steps. :
uAttend_configuring weekly/biweekly overtime
- Log in to the uAttend cloud portal with an administrator or supervisor (with permissions) profile.
- Click on the Departments tab.
- Click on the name of the intended department or click the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the window to search for a department.
- Click the Overtime tab.
- Click the EDIT button on the line for the Weekly/Bi-weekly Overtime option.
- Click the drop-down menu and select the intended threshold (listed below) from the list.
- Weekly: After 32, 32.5, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 37.5, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 42.5, 44, 45, 46, 47, 47.5, 48, 49, 50, 52, 55, 60, 65 hours
- Bi-weekly: After 80, 86, 96, 106 hours
- Click the SAVE button.