Welcome to this overview of the basic setup wizard for your uAttend portal. This process will only run one time, after your initial log-in. All selections made at the initial setup wizard can always be modified later.
There are four steps (three are optional to get started) that need to be completed in order to begin using your uAttend Time and Attendance System: Selecting your pay period, Adding Departments (optional), Adding Employees (optional), and Setting up rules (optional).
- Click the blue GET STARTED button to proceed with the setup wizard
The first option will prompt you to select a pay period for your account. There can only be one pay period per account. There are four options available. Click this link to find out more about Pay Periods.
After selecting your pay period preference, you will be able to customize the dates on which your pay period starts.
The second option will prompt you to set up departments. There will be an automatic department generated already by default as HOME. This can be edited to your liking if you choose.
Departments are used to distinguish groups of employees. Departments are useful for organizational or for reporting purposes. Rules can also be set up later in the department settings if certain employees have different attendance, lunch/break, or overtime rules/guidelines.
Add additional departments on this page by clicking the blue + Add Department on the upper-right-hand side.
You can then enter a department name and department code. A department code will be automatically generated as an abbreviation for the department name. This can be edited if needed. Once you have added all of your departments, you can select the blue next button. You can always set up additional departments later if you are unsure about them during this process.
The third option allows you to add additional employees. Select a time zone and specify if it will be the default time zone for all employees. If employees will have different time zones, you can leave that box unchecked and customize time zones for employees in the steps below.
1. Click the expand button to the right of the department you wish to add employees to.
2. Select the blue + Add Employee button.
3. Add their First and Last name and also a time zone if different than the default option.
4. Continue adding employees to the department if you choose. Change the department you are adding employees to by selecting the View Employees button.
Setting up rules (optional)
After these steps, you can choose to start using uAttend or create rules. If you select create rules, basic rule creations will be explained below. All of these settings can be modified or added later if you choose. These settings will be found under the department-level settings.
- Weekly overtime can be set after a certain hour threshold for each workweek. It is calculated on the last day of the workweek. Below is a link to find out more about weekly/bi-weekly overtime.
- Daily overtime 1 can be set after a certain hour threshold for each day. This will calculate at 1.5x the rate.
- Daily overtime 2 can be set after a certain hour threshold for each day. This will calculate at 2x the rate.
Lunch & Break rules can be set up now or can be skipped and modified later. This section will ask if employees punch in/out for lunch or break. Depending on your answers, input if the lunch is paid and how much time is paid, if employees are required to take a full lunch/break, and the duration of the lunch/break. Click this link to learn more about where these settings can be modified once the setup wizard is complete: Lunch/Break Options.
- Will the employee punch out for lunch? Yes or No
- If yes, is lunch paid?
- If yes, how much time is paid?
- Required to take full lunch?
- If yes, enter the lunch/break duration.
- Will the employee punch out for a break? Yes or No
- If yes, is the employee required to take a full rest break?
- If yes, enter how long the break is.
Set up Wizard Complete. Select Start Using uAttend to be redirected to your dashboard.